You must have heard of the quote “Friends in need are friends indeed”. This is another one which signifies the bitter truth of realities. Choose your friends wisely and live well.
Bruce Levin gave an excellent insight to what ultimately is a sure shot recipe for progress. Not taking risks in life is a sure shot symbol of stagnation and ultimately death. To be progressive, one needs to take risk and there is absolutely no debate about this. But yes, one should take calculated risks.
So ask yourself this everyday, what do you intend to do with your life? Where do you see yourself in the near future and some time off? Make your decisions accordingly.
John Francis “Jack” Welch, is an American chemical engineer, businessman and author. He was Chairman and CEO of General Electric between 1981 and 2001. Welch’s net worth is estimated at $720 million. Jack Welch is such an authority on the subject that many master of organizational leadership programs put a focus on his principles of management. Following are few of his top rated quotes on management.
- Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.
- If you pick the right people, and give them the opportunity to spread their wings and put compensation as a carrier behind it you almost don’t have to manage them.
- Give me a highly successful unionized industry.
- If change is happening on the outside faster than on the inside the end is in sight.
- Giving people self-confidence is by far the most important thing that I can do. Because then they will act.
- If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.
- Control your own destiny or someone else will.
- Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.
- An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.
- Number one, cash is king… number two, communicate… number three, buy or bury the competition.
- The essence of competitiveness is liberated when we make people believe that what they think and do is important – and then get out of their way while they do it.
- The Internet is the Viagra of big business.
- If GE’s strategy of investment in China is wrong, it represents a loss of a billion dollars, perhaps a couple of billion dollars. If it is right, it is the future of this company for the next century.
- My main job was developing talent. I was a gardener providing water and other nourishment to our top 750 people. Of course, I had to pull out some weeds, too.
- Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while.
Do share if you liked these quotes from the Management Guru Jack Welch.
This quote by Donald Trump speaks more than just the words. Business success is often about choosing which projects to go for and which to leave, even if they appear attractive. Not always do all firms have the capability to deliver a “waao” project, even if the same is offered to them. The same works on the personal front also. A man needs to recognize his limitations before jumping onto “opportunities”.
“The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”- Anthony Robbins
Robbins summed it up in simple language. You need to have the heart to take big decisions, sometimes even risky to taste the sweetness of success. But decisions only become fruitless unless implemented with equally thoughtful implementable plan of action. The confluence of both is necessary for success.