There are lots of unused as well as unorganized household stuffs that are stored in your house since many years. Sometimes, there are stuffs that once purchased went underground (i.e., kept as a treasure) in the home which you don’t even remember. You can start to organize yard sale events at your garage or farm which will help to reduce clutters from your house. Continue reading
Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Kharagpur is a non-profit student organisation established with the aim of fostering the spirit of entrepreneurship among college students in India. We are one of the most successful entrepreneurial organizations in the country with over 50 start-ups incubated within 7 years of our inception. We conduct Guest Lectures, Workshops and Business Plan Competitions and provide mentorship and incubation support to aspiring student entrepreneurs. Continue reading
IIT Kharagpur’s Entrepreneurship Cell has been very active in recent times. The agenda to co-create value through channelizing entrepreneurial ideas into actionable and sustainable venture plans is taking a prime importance in rolling out the future of the educational institution. Not with much ado, but with lots of fanfare, these events promise to be enlightening, to say the least. Check out these events, we are sure you will like them. These events are the cornerstone of the strategic management leaders of the future. Continue reading
This is just to demonstrate the application of forms for enabling e-procurement in class. This form is just an hypothetical example of how wordpress may be used for demonstrating workflows in class for the course e-business and e-commerce.
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak is organizing the HR Summit 2013 in IIM Rohtak. This is the 4th HR Summit being organized by IIM Rohtak, and after the over-whelming response recieved from the industry and academia, this HR Summit promises to be an even bigger event. The theme for the Summit is HR Challenges for Managing New Generation Employees in Service Industries.
New generation employees are often characterized by a few distinct attributes which are high on contrast as compared to “Old generation employees”. Typically, this generation covers the Gen Y employees and the demographics and psycho-graphics are significantly different. Some of these characteristics are as follows:
- They are well educated and self-confident, enjoy multi-tasking, bring tremendous passion to the workplace, seek challenges
- They are restless, incentive driven and they demand quick results. Organizations – whether business or government, families or communities need new approaches and tools to manage them.
This HR Summit, therefore, proposes to focus on the theme “New Generation Employees and the HR Challenges”. Managing the young new generation poses critical challenges to HR professionals.
The speakers for the programme are as follows:
- Mr. Sharad Verma, Senior Director Human Resource, Sun Guard Global Technology
- Mr. Varun Verma, AVP-O&S, Genpect
- Mr. Sameer Khanna, Director HR-Ericsson
- Ms. Anupama Ratta, Head HR, Raymond
- Mr. Manmohan Bhutani, VP People & Operations, Fiserv
- Mr. Suryanarayan Iyer, Head-Consultng Practice, Corner Stone on Demand
- Ms. Kirti Raj, Manager Human Resource-Fed Ex.
- Dr. Mrityunjay Srivastava, VP Human Resource, Wipro.
- Mr. Pradip Bandyopadhyay, Head Human Resource, Berger Paints.
- Mr. Sanjeeva Dubey, Asia Pacific Delivery Lead, IBM
- Mr. Amit Malik Director, Human Resource, Aviva.
- Ms. Ongmu Gombu, Director HR, Baxter
- Mr. Shashi Shekhar, Head HR, RPG Group
- Mr. Vimal Wakhlu, Managing Director, TCIL
- Mr. Sandeep Batra, AVP-Human Resource, Fuji Film
- Mr. C. Parthasarathy, Chairman, Karvy Group
- Mr. Parijat Thakur, Chief Human Resource Executive, Matrix.
- Mrs. Anju Banerjee, Managing Director, EdCil.
- Dr. Samar B Srivastava, VP-Human Resource, Jet Airways
- Mr. Jagadessan Srivathsan, Corporate HR, P&G
- Mr. Binayak Bagchi, Director Human Resource, Covidien Healthcare.
- Mr. Gaurav Sundaram, Country Director,EXPEDIA.
- Ms. Neha Agrawal, Recruiter, ThoughtWorks India
For more details on the summit and registration processes, please visit: http://www.iimrohtak.ac.in/hr-summit-september-142013.html
Please feel free to email me, for further queries.
We all know that business is always a tighter arena. There are competitors in smallest of businesses and the biggest of them. It is very important to constantly use the creative fiber of your body to enhance and make your product a talk at every household. Much as your products are meant for business and industry you still want to grab the attention of the market towards you.
But, what with cynicism and scrutiny being a part of everyone’s life and so many product promoters are offering even more mouth watering deals, it becomes difficult to tap the right market and establish yourself there.
For these reasons, it is important to have certain promotional items that are loquacious about your product more than you. They act like mediators and reach up to the households and businesses easily and market your product better. It is basically capturing the psychology of a regular customer that is more challenging and it makes the entire difference.
So, what are these products? Let’s have a look at these mentioned below and see if it strikes a chord with you:
Promotional Pens: Pens are always going to be the best and the most favorite of the market and of the customer. It is an item that is being used by every individual daily and what better way to enter the mind of your potential customer through the pen that they use to write daily! Pens are forever to stay as the topmost sold promotional item like that of a popular advertisement.
Promotional Mugs: Mugs grab the second favorites as they too strike upon a human mind. Used in daily life in households and offices and almost everywhere that you go, mugs become the most favorite as they come in variety shapes and sizes catering to a customer’s taste.
Promotional Water Bottles: This would be a good target item for people who are into sports as they are the ones who maximum use water bottles to store water or certain makes for storing juices. It is a popular item with office goers also as they too keep a spare bottle always on their desk. Having a promotional water bottle campaign lets you target the right audience.
Promotional T-Shirts: T-shirts have been there in every generation. From children to elders, everybody wears and you can even hire certain people to wear the t-short with your company seal around the town and indirectly market your brand. Remember, t-shirts covers a larger group of people and making into their minds should be your major concern.
Promotional Key Rings: Key chains are also used everywhere. Every car or bike has its own key and its own key ring which can be unique and different from the others. So, targeting the daily using key rings makes it really easy to target the kind of people you are looking for.
Business is not something that can be done without marketing and a good business needs a good marketing strategy. Choose your unique brand promotion style!
Kevin Maddox is a brand development consultant and analyst and works for big names. Also having experience of advertisement and market analysis and strategy, Kevin has been through the thick and thin of brand establishment and advertisement creation for the client base.