Product life cycle management (or PLC management) is the sequential formulation and implementation of strategies used by Marketing Professionals as a product goes through its life cycle. The conditions of the market in which a product gets sold changes over time and the issues that arises with the changes must be managed as the product moves through its succession of stages.
Based on these characteristics Product and Brand managers take decisions about formulation and implementation of strategy.
The GE-McKinsey matrix is often used for analysis of the business market structure and subsequently design a series of strategies, based on the analysis. Another similar tool for analysis is the Michael Porter’s 5 forces model.
Do let me know if you have any queries regarding this article.
By the way, do you know about customer network value and how to manage the same?
Last few popular posts by Arpan Kar
- Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization Workshop at IIM Rohtak - May 20th, 2013
- Business Promotion Through Corporate Calendars - May 17th, 2013
- Why to Hire Explainer video production Company for higher conversion rates - May 9th, 2013
- The Benefits of Professional Document Storage - May 8th, 2013
- Decision Support Frameworks for Managerial Decision Making | Workshop at IIM Rohtak - May 8th, 2013